This cookie recipe is for Grace. Grace is a supporter of our maple syrup at a local farmer's market, and asked for a cookie reccomendation that used maple syrup. I told her this cookie recipe is great to serve as a dessert or can be eaten as a breakfast cookie which made the recipe even more appealing. There are 8 ingredients in this cookie which makes this a very easy recipe to make and also is great for those who just want a cookie for on the go! Remember it is full of good ingredients and sweetened with only maple syrup. What could be better?!
Maple Walnut Cookies - Dairy Free!
1 cup walnuts (cashews, almonds, or pecans may be substituted )
1 cup oats
1 cup w.w. pastry flour
1/2 cup raw cacao nibs or chocolate chips
1/2 cup organic canola oil
1/2 cup Justamere's Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Grind walnuts and oats together in food processor and place in mixing bowl.
2. Mix oil and syrup together in measuring cup.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.
3. Use about 1 - 2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie and place on cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Makes about 16 cookies.
1. Make well in each cookie. Place enough Justamere's Maple Cream to fill centers of the cookies. Put maple cream in centers after the cookies come out of the oven and have cooled down.
2. Stir into wet ingredients 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or cacao nibs which I prefer.
3. Make well in center of cookie and add your favorite jam before placing cookies in the oven. Bake for same amount of time. I particularly like raspberry or apricot jam.