French Toast: Ingredients (Serves 6-8 people)
- 6 to 8 large slices wholegrain or gluten free sourdough bread (about 1/2-inch thick), preferably day-old or stale
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup whole milk (raw preferably)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla flavor for gluten free version
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of sea salt
- butter for frying
French Toast: Method
- Line a baking dish with six to eight slices whole grain or gluten free sourdough bread cut 1/2-inch thick.
- In a separate bowl, whisk beaten eggs, whole milk together with cinnamon, vanilla extract and a dash of sea salt until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the seasoned egg mixture over the sliced sourdough bread and allow the slices to soak for about five to ten minutes.
- In the meantime, heat a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over a medium-high flame until it melts, then reduce the heat to medium before gently adding soaked bread into the hot fat.
- Gently fry the bread on one side for about two minutes, or until it browns, then flip it to fry the other side for two minutes or so.
- Plate and serve hot with Justamere's maple syrup, nuts, fruit, yogurt or cream.