This donut recipe came from Roost Blog but I have revised it to fit our maple lifestyle!!
Donuts (makes 6 regular sized donuts OR 18 mini donuts)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 fresh eggs from local farmer
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil or melted butter
- 2 TBS Pure Justamere's Maple Syrup
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped and pod discarded (OR 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a bowl. Transfer to a blender*
- Combine all wet ingredients (including the vanilla bean seeds) in a bowl. Add to the blender.
- Blend until batter is very smooth. Pour into greased donut molds (I used the regular), filling them 2/3 the way.
- Bake for 10 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE or they will be dry.
* Blending the mixture results in a super smooth batter that can sometimes be difficult to achieve when working with nut flours.
These gluten free maple doughnuts were a hit with my husband. Justamere's maple cream spread for the top was the icing on the cake!! I will definitely make these a ritual in our house. Anyone would enjoy these. Gluten free or not! Also they are very simple to make.