These cookies are very versatile. If you want to impress people at a potluck, mix matcha powder with pure maple cream and then there will not be a lack of something to talk about!! It is so good for you and the maple cream and matcha powder mix well together to create a good for you delicious creamy texture. The pureness of this green coloring is wonderful to look at and you will ineluctably think spring! You could even frost a cake with this combination. (Be naughty and add some cream cheese!) Be ready to hand out the recipe to everyone and bring plenty, as these cookies will be irresistible!! Imagine no sugar or dairy!
If you want to find out more about Matcha Powder, read here for more info.
Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Is packed with antioxidants
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms and relaxes
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Fights against viruses and bacteria
- Is rich in fiber
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Does not raise insulin levels
1 cup walnuts (cashews, almonds, or pecans may be substituted )
1 cup oats
1 cup w.w. pastry flour
1/2 cup organic canola oil or sunflower oil
1/2 cup Justamere's Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Grind walnuts and oats together in food processor and place in mixing bowl.
2. Mix oil and syrup together in measuring cup.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.
3. Use about 1 - 2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie and place on cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Makes about 16 cookies.
1. Make well in each cookie and bake.
2. Place enough Justamere's Maple Cream and matcha green tea powder mixture to fill centers of the cookies after the cookies come out of the oven and have cooled down.