Maple Pumpkin Pancakes
A Healthy Way To Start Your Day With Pumpkin!
Pumpkins aren't just for carving!
At the farm we start everyday with pancakes, we hardly ever get sick of them, that being said we're always looking for new ways to spice things up a bit. Typically I look for fun seasonal ways to naturally enhance the nutritional value of our pancake mix. Pumpkins are a sure sign of fall and they always remind me of the crisp fall weather and the harvest. Pumpkin, and we're talking real pumpkin not flavoring, helps with joint health, it's an anti-inflammatory, full of Vitamin C which boosts immunity and will help your skin maintain a healthy glow! If that wasn't enough you'll find high levels of magnesium, zinc and potassium in pumpkin.
Enjoy the pumpkin in these delicious pancakes
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg powder or grate you own. Learn how to here https://www.google.com/search?q=grating+nutmeg&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 farm fresh egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
Mix the dry ingredients into a bowl
Mix with hand beater, puree, egg, milk, and butter till thoroughly mixed in it's own bowl.
Combine dry with wet. Do not over mix.
Proceed to make pancakes and don't forget the maple syrup drizzled over the top!