Maple, Cranberry, and Pecan Shortbread Cookies!
Maple, Cranberry, and Pecan Shortbread Cookies (can cut recipe in 1/2)
Makes 30-40 cookies, Preheat oven 350 degrees, Bake for 18-20 minutes until lightly browned. Cut dough into ½ inch slices and arrange on baking sheet.
1. 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
2. 1/4 Cup Justamere Farm Maple Sugar
3. 1/8 Cup Justamere Farm Maple Syrup
4. 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract (I like to use fresh vanilla bean)
5. 1 1/2 Cups White or Pastry Whole Wheat Flour
6. 1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
7. 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries (sweetened with apple juice)
8. 1/2 Cup Toasted Pecan Pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix together butter, vanilla, maple sugar and maple syrup.
3. Add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each cup is added.
4. Stir in the salt, cranberries and pecans.
5. Shape dough into two logs and chill until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut dough into ½-inch slices and arrange on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Best served warm. Cookies will keep several days in an airtight container.