I love making these cookies around the Holidays. They have just the right amount of maple sweetness. Sometimes sugar cookies this time of year can take you over the edge!! These on the other hand are just right and will satisfy your palate nicely. Tea will compliment these cookies joyously!
Let the festivities begin!!
Cranberry Pecan Shortbread Cookies:
3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter, Softened
1/4 Cup Justamere's Maple Sugar
1/8 c. Justamere's Maple Syrup
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract (I like to use fresh vanilla bean)
1 -1/2 Cups White or Pastry Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 Tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries (Sweetened with Apple Juice)
1/2 Cup Toasted Pecan Pieces
1. Mix together butter, sugar and maple syrup.
2. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
3. Add flour one cup at a time, mixing well after each cup is added.
4. Stir in the salt, cranberries and pecans.
5. Shape dough into two logs and chill until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut dough into 1/2-inch slices and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Cookies will keep several days in an airtight container.