I made this recipe twice and prefer these cookies made with Justamere's Maple Sugar versus maple syrup. Making these cookies with maple syrup, they just wanted to fall apart. Using the Maple Sugar made them stay together nicely. The texture is soft with just enough spices to say "oh my"!
Enjoy these over the Holidays or just anytime!
2 Cups Almond Flour plus 2 Tablespoons
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
3 Teaspoon Ground Ginger or (can use fresh grated organic ginger)
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1 Stick Butter
1/2 Cup Justamere's Maple Sugar
4 Tablespoon Organic Blackstrap Molasses
2 Farm Fresh Eggs
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, ground ginger, Justamere's maple sugar and sea salt: set aside
2. Cream together butter and molasses until light and fluffy and then add eggs and mix in well.
3. Incorporate the flour mixture into creamed mixture till just combined.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Make cookies and bake for 8- 10 minutes.
5. Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing them.