Gluten Free Maple Banana Apricot Muffins
These delectable muffins are extremely moist, thanks to the bananas and dried fruit of your choice, which melts into the background of each muffin!
- 3 Tblsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup Justamere's Maple Syrup
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed with fork
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (could substitute with yogurt)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp.salt
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup pecans toasted. Can substitute with walnuts.
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots, cranberries, or dried fruit of your choice.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or butter the muffin tin thoroughly. I made my own paper liners which was fun. I used unbleached parchment paper for this.
Mix butter, maple syrup, eggs, bananas and buttermilk together in a large bowl. Add baking soda, baking powder and salt to almond flour and then add to rest of ingredients. Now add nuts and dried fruit. Do not over stir! Spoon batter into muffin cups.
Bake 25 to 35 minutes, until the muffins are firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted into middle of a muffin comes out clean.Enjoy!