Gluten Free Maple Corn Bread
This cornbread was inspired by a lovely friend of mine who has past away, but I have always enjoyed it because of the savory taste of maple in it and the remembrance of her. It was easy to substitute with gluten free flours. It is wonderfully tasty right out of the oven when still warm! It can be somewhat crumbly after that, but so delicious. (It is worth some crumbling.)
1 Cup Organic Corn Flour
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1/2 Cup Organic Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Aluminum Free Baking Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 Cup Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds (optional)
3/4 Cup Raw Milk
3 Tablespoon Melted Butter
2 Farm Fresh Eggs
1/4 Cup Justamere's Maple Syrup
1. Mix well together all dry ingredients.
2. Stir together melted butter, milk, and egg.
3. Combine all ingredients and mix well.
4. Spread into buttered 8 inch square pan and bake.
5. Bake at 375 oven for 20-25 minutes or until done.
Serve hot with butter and a chunk of cheddar cheese or with your favorite soup!