I love these delectable Gluten Free Coconut morsels because they taste so wonderfully flavorsome with maple, with just a hint of almond and vanilla.
This is the dessert to make when something quick and easy is needed.
It is hard to eat just one!!
- 2 1/2 Cups Shredded Organic Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Justamere's Maple Syrup
- 2 Farm Fresh Egg Whites
- 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Extract (gluten free)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (gluten free)
- 4 Ounces Baking Chocolate-Semi Sweet or Dark Chocolate
Instructions-Makes 8-12 Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sweetener in a pan over very low heat. Add coconut and egg whites. Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it begins to collect. (about 2 minutes) Remove from heat , stir in extracts.
- When cool enough to touch, form into small round balls. squeeze the coconut mixture firmly, transferring from one palm to another molding into shape.
- Place round balls onto cookie sheet. Bake about 20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow to cool to room temperature on cookie sheet.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler. Pour chocolate over top of each macaroon. Let chocolate set till firm. Speed the process up by placing in refrigerator. Enjoy!