Maple Thumbprint Cookies ~ Vegan and No Refined Sugars
These cookies are very versatile. If you want to impress people at a potluck, mix matcha powder with pure maple cream from Justamere Tree Farm and then there will not be a lack of something to talk about!! It is so good for you and our maple cream and matcha powder mix well together to create a good for you delicious creamy texture.
Did you know our maple cream is vegan? It is only made with our 100% maple syrup. Hard to believe, but true. The taste is too die for and add the pureness of this green matcha powder and you will ineluctably think spring!
You could even frost a cake with this combination. (Be naughty and add some cream cheese and/or add cacao powder in place of matcha powder). Be ready to hand out the recipe to everyone and bring plenty of cookies to devour, as these cookies will be irresistible!! Imagine no sugar or dairy!
This recipe can also be found in my new cookbook “Taste the Love of Maple”.
If you want to find out more about Matcha Powder, read here for more info.
Matcha Green Tea Powder
Is packed with antioxidants
Boosts metabolism and burns calories
Detoxifies effectively and naturally
Calms and relaxes
Enhances mood and aids in concentration
Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
Fights against viruses and bacteria
Is rich in fiber
Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
Does not raise insulin levels
1 cup walnuts (cashews, almonds, or pecans may be substituted )
1 cup oats
1 cup w.w. pastry flour
1/2 cup organic canola oil or sunflower oil
1/2 cup Justamere's Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Grind walnuts and oats together in food processor and place in mixing bowl.
2. Mix oil and syrup together in measuring cup.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir.
3. Use about 1 - 2 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie and place on cookie sheet.
4. Make a well in each cookie
Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. Makes about 16 cookies.
1. Place enough Justamere's Maple Cream and matcha green tea powder mixture to fill centers of the cookies after the cookies come out of the oven and have cooled down.