Maple Cinnamon Rolls (Not gluten-free)
These maple cinnamon rolls, are my daughters favorite thing in the whole wide world. Well not quite, but close! Frosted with Justamere's Pure Maple Cream makes them heavenly to say the least.
Once in a great while I enjoy making something that is not gluten free. It always means my husband cannot have it, but he gets his fair share of gluten free delights. So here's for all those gluten fans like myself!
2 Cups Raw Milk
1/2 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Justamere's Pure Maple Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1/3 Cup Cornmeal
2 Teaspoon Salt
7 - 7 1/2 Cups King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
2 Packages (1/4 oz. each) Active Dry Yeast
2 Farm Fresh Eggs
1. In a sauce pan, combine the first 6 ingredients, bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
2. Set pan to cool to 120-130 degrees.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups flour and yeast.
4. Add cornmeal mixture, beat low until smooth.
5. Add eggs and 1 cup of flour and mix for 1 minute
6. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
7. Turn onto floured board, knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
8. Place in a greased bowl , cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
9. Punch down dough and divide in half.
10. Roll dough out and spread with butter.
11. Combine 1/2 cup or so of maple sugar and lots of cinnamon, sprinkle over butter. 12. Roll up dough from one long side, pinch seams and turn ends under.
13. Cut each roll into slices as desired and place in pan.
14. Cover and let rise in a warm place until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
15. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
16. Spread Justamere's Maple Cream over the top!!